Monday 14 January 2013

The awards which aren't the Oscars...


Oh to live in the US! It's quite hard to comment on the results of the Golden Globes when a number of the nominated films haven't even been released here in the UK, but that's not going to stop me posting the winners in the film categories though, oh no!

No real upsets this year, and without Ricky Gervais to offend the stars I imagine it was quite a civil evening with people getting drunk for all the right reasons, how dull! But anyway, enough of my rambling, winners below....

Picture, Drama: Argo

Seriously, only 2 of the 5 nominated have been released here, how are us Brits expected to get behind it?! *Breathes* Ok, well, Argo is a valid winner I think, it held my attention for 2 hours and managed to create tension when I knew the outcome, fair play. It also helped that the legendary Bryan Cranston lent his acting genius to the film.
Picture, Musical or Comedy: Les Misérables
Was anything else ever going to get this? Poor Moonrise Kingdom, my personal favourite film from 2o12, it never stood a chance against the all-singing, all-tragic Les Mis.
Actor, Drama: Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln
I wonder how Method he went for this one... I hope he left the prosthetics on for the duration of filming...
Actress, Drama: Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty
Director: Ben Affleck, Argo
Ang Lee for Life of Pi would have got my vote for this one, an absolutely visionary. Damn you Affleck!
Actor, Musical or Comedy: Hugh Jackman, Les Misérables
Ahh, Huge-Ackman (it works phonetically, trust me), my Mum's movie crush. I'm expecting big things when I get around to watching this!
Actress, Musical or Comedy: Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
Have I mentioned I've got a huge girl crush on this lovely lady? Hurrah for the Lawrence!
Just. So. Beautiful. And incredible dress. Wow.
Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained
Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway, Les Misérables
Foreign Language: Amour
Animated Film: Brave
Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino, Django Unchained
Cannot wait to see this one, particularly after *that* interview with KGM on Ch4 news, click here for 8 mins of awkward!
Original Score: Mychael Danna, Life of Pi
Original Song: "Skyfall" (music and lyrics by Adele and Paul Epworth), Skyfall
Just as well really, poor Adele had a shocking 2012, thank goodness 2013 is giving her a break! Nah, just kidding, "Skyfall" was pretty good really wasn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment